Setting up Google Tag Manager and install with Webflow
Setting up Google Tag Manager account
1. Go to Google Tag Manager
2. Click on Create Account
3. Type the name of the account
4. Select your country
5. Type "Grow With Groove"
Type a name for the container
6. Click on Web…
7. Click on Create
8. Accept GDPR by clicking the checkbox
9. Click on Yes in the top right corner
10. Account created!
Great job! Your Google Tag Manager account was successfully created! In the next steps we are going to show you how to install the code in Webflow.
Installing the code in your Webflow website
11. Copy the first piece of code
We are going to place this code in the <head> of your Webflow website.
12. In a different tab: go to Webflow and login to your in to your Account
13. Go to settings
Once logged in, go to your dashboard and find your site. Click the 3 dots in the bottom-right corner and press Settings.
14. Click on Custom Code
15. Paste snippet into the Head Code
Look for "Head Code" and past the copied snippet into the code field on the very top. Press Save Changes.
16. Go Back to the tab with Google Tag Manager
17. Copy the second Snippet
18. Go back to the tab with Webflow
19. Paste snippet into the Footer Code
Look for "Footer Code" and past the copied snippet into the code field on the very top. Press Save Changes.
20. Publish your site
21. Go to your website.
Use the Google Tag Assistent Chrome Extension to verify if your tag is active