Claiming your Google Business Profile (Formerly Google My Business)
Claiming and setting up your Google Business Profile
Claiming your business in Google can be done in a few simple steps. In this Plug & Play we walk you through exactly those steps. But why would you want to claim your business in google?
To start, with your Google Business Profile you make sure that your location is set in Google Maps. This helps your potential customers find you in the area that you are active. Secondly, it helps you manage, and make sure that the information Google shows about your company is correct. You can manage your address, your business hours, your logo, pictures, and much more. Lastly, it's it allows you to gather reviews. Once your business profile is claimed and verified, you can generate a review link, and send this to happy customers so they can leave you a 5-star review! Sounds good, right? To unlock all of those superpowers, all you need to do is follow these steps.
1. Go to Google
2. Type "Business Profile"
3. Click on Google Business Profile - Get Listed on Google
4. Click on Manage now
5. Click on Add business
NOTE: This might look a littlbe bit different if you don't manage any business profiles yet, like us. The point is to add a new business.
6. Click on Add single business
7. Type the name of your business
In some cases, it might show your business in the results. If it doesn't show up, click "Create a business with this name:
8. Select your main business category
9. Click Next
10. Now complete all the questions Google wants to know about your busin
11. Verify your business
Fill in the code and click verify
12. Congrats! You are now verified
Click next to set up your profile!
13. Start by adding some services
You can choose to select common services or create your own.
14. Set the business hours for your company
15. Click on Next
16. Choose weather or not to accept messaging
17. Type a description of your business and click next
18. Add photo's to your profile.
19. It's a wrap!
Great! Your Google Business Profile has been set up! Now sit tight while Google is processing your verification. Once it's fully verified, it will be visible to users looking for your products or services!